Find out about household hazardous waste disposal, including asbestos, batteries, chemicals, gas bottles, globes, oil, paint, pesticides and more.
Hazardous waste disposal – Fremantle Recycling Centre
Residents can dispose of the following hazardous household waste at the City’s recycling centre:
- Asbestos (conditions apply)
- Batteries e.g. car batteries, household batteries
- Gas bottles
- Fire extinguishers
- Light globes and fluorescent tubes
There is no charge for this service.
Hazardous waste disposal – Henderson Waste Recovery Park
Residents can dispose of the following household waste at the Henderson Waste Recovery Park:
- Arsenic based products
- Batteries – nickel cadmium
- Batteries – other (excludes lithium and thionyl chloride)
- Engine coolants and glycols
- Fire extinguishers – non-Halon
- Flammable liquids - hydrocarbons and fuels
- Flammable solids
- Fluorescent tubes, CFL and light fittings
- Gas cylinders
- General household chemicals eg cleaners
- Heavy metal compounds
- Inorganic oxidising agents – eg pool chlorine
- Low level radioactive substances eg smoke detectors
- Mercury – elemental
- Organic peroxides
- PCB materials
- Solvents – halogenated
This service is provided free of charge through the Household Hazardous Waste (HHW) Program.
Important note: The HHW Program covers domestic waste only (up to 20 litres or 20 kilograms per package/item), and does not cover materials from commercial and industrial premises or activities.
More information and contacts
Visit Household Hazardous Waste (HHW) Program for other household hazardous waste collection points and tips on how to transport hazardous material.
For all other enquiries, please contact the City on 9432 9999 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.