Let’s work together to reduce waste by recycling wherever possible. Find out about the recycling centre and recycling stations located across the City.
Fremantle Recycling Centre
The recycling centre has doubled in size and can now handle a range of hazardous household items, as well as regular recyclable material.
The centew is free to all City of Fremantle Residents – to access the facility please bring your photo ID showing your residential address(e.g. drivers license) with your rates notice or a bill.
To drop off unrecyclable bulky waste, remember your voucher letter.
- The recycling centre is for residents only. It is not for commercial use.
- There is a limit of one standard 6x4 trailer load of clean bricks, pavers and slabs.
- Residents can drop off their unrecyclable household bulk goods such as sofas, chairs, tables, cabinets, up to four (4) times a year with the voucher letter.
- A free home collection service is available for residents 55 years and over.
Location and opening hours
The recycling centre is located opposite the golf course on Montreal Street, Fremantle.
Opening hours are:
- Friday: 12noon to 4pm.
- Saturday and Sunday: 8am to 4pm.
Fremantle residents can drop the following off to the recycling centre:
- Car batteries
- Household batteries
- Clean and unbroken bricks, pavers and slabs
- Good quality clothing for charity
- Domestic whitegoods e.g. microwaves, washing machines, fridges (we will degas them)
- E-waste e.g. TVs, computers and monitors
- Printer cartridges
- Gas bottles
- Fire extinguishers
- Light globes
- Motor Oil
- Recycling, the same material that goes in your yellow top bin
- One trailer load(6x4 trailer size) of clean green waste including shrub and tree pruning up to 1.5mm in length and 30cm in diameter
The cost for disposal of a mattress is $30 each.
The cost for disposal of a tyre is $18 each.
The Recycle Centre does not accept
- Mixed general waste, bags or boxes of rubbish
- Poisons or chemicals
- Sand, soil, concrete or rocks
- Wood off-cuts or timber
- Hardy fencing
- Sheet Glass, glass panels and glass shower screens
The City will only accept asbestos at the recycling centre:
- On predetermined dates.
- If it has been removed and presented in accordance to the national safety guidelines.
We welcome your feedback
If you have used our recycling centre recently, we’d love to receive your feedback and suggestions.
More information and contacts
For more information or to make a request, please contact the City on 9432 9999 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visit Recycle Right to find useful tips on how you can reduce, reuse and recycle.