Find out about disposal of residential bulk junk and whitegoods, including verge collections, junk-drop off service and waste collection for seniors.
- Find my verge collection date (annual).
- Verge collection guidelines.
- Recycling Centre junk drop-off (4 times/year).
- Household e-waste disposal.
- Waste collection service (55+).
- More information and contacts.
The City provides an annual residential bulk junk and whitegoods verge collection service.
To find your verge collection date, enter your address below:
Items you can/cannot place on your verge
Items we collect
Items we don’t collect
E-waste eg computers, TVs
Building material eg bricks, tiles, cement
Furniture items eg chairs, sofas
Hazardous material eg chemicals, paint, oil*
Split cycle air conditioners
Plate (sheet) glass, mirrors or shower screens
Tyres, car bodies and car parts
White goods eg fridges, stoves
Waste from commercial properties or schools
*Refer to household hazardous waste.
Placement of items on verge
- Waste items can be placed on the verge of your property up to 2 days prior to collection
- Waste items cannot be placed on vacant land or park land
- Place your waste items on your verge as neatly as possible
- Separate white goods, steel and e-waste from waste items
- No item can be longer than 1.5m in length
- Ensure your waste items do not obstruct footpaths, driveways or sprinklers
- For ease of access, place your waste away from walls, fences, power poles and trees
- By law, all doors must be removed from large white goods eg fridge, freezers
- Please do not degas your fridge – this will be done as part of the collection service
Important note: Non-compliance with the above guidelines may result in your items not being collected and/or a fine.
In addition to the City's bulk verge collection service, residents have the option of dropping off their household junk (including non-recyclable items) up to four (4) times a year at the Fremantle Recycling Centre.
- This service is for residential properties only and is restricted to 1 box trailer per residence
- You must bring your junk drop-off letter with you and have it stamped each time you visit
- If you have lost/misplaced your letter, please contact us for a replacement.
Batteries, printer cartridges and mobile phones can be disposed of at the Library located at Fremantle Oval, 70 Parry Street. The library is open from:
- Mon-Thurs: 9am to 6pm
- Fri: 9am to 5pm
- Sat: 9am to 1pm
- Sun: 11am to 3pm.
The City provides a home collection services for residents aged 55+ for the following items:
- Category 1: White goods. i.e. stoves, fridges, washing machines
- Category 2: E-waste. i.e. computers, printers, keyboards, TVs
- Category 3: Mattresses.
Eligible residents can arrange one pickup from each category per year up to a maximum of two whitegoods, five e-waste items and one mattress.
Items from each individual category can be collected all at the same time, or separately.
Whitegoods do not need to be de-gassed before collection.
For more information or to make a request, please contact the City on 9432 9999 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.