Sport Travel Assistance Program
The Fremantle Sport Travel Assistance Program helps young local athletes or officials by the provision of financial assistance towards travel expenses for state, national, or international competitions.
|Sport Travel Assistance||
Open all year round
Until funding allocation exhausted
- Be a resident of the City of Fremantle
- Be aged 25 or younger, as of the competition date
- Be travelling more than 100km outside of the City of Fremantle
- Have been selected by the State or National Sporting body to represent Western Australia or Australia.
This must be demonstrated with a letter of selection from that State or National body accompanying the application.
- Successful applicants will only be eligible for the Sport Travel Assistance program once in a financial year
- Applications for assistance must be made a minimum of 15 working days prior to the competition start date
- Retrospective applications will not be accepted.
Further information is in the Sport Travel Assistance Program Guidelines.
The Application Process
- Complete the Sport Travel Assistance Application Form online via the City’s Smarty Grants portal.
- Submit your application.
Once you have submitted your application you will receive an email of acknowledging receipt. Please note that the City seeks to provide an outcome within 10 working days. Applicants will be notified of funding decisions via email.