The Fremantle Visitor Centre is the official visitor information centre for Fremantle and the true hotspot for visitors to plan their visit.
The friendly, experienced staff and ambassadors are local experts and can assist with:
- no fee accommodation and tour booking service
- free brochure and maps
- general tourism information and advice
- accessibility information
- guides on events and what’s on
- free wifi and bike hire
- bookings for South West Coach Lines, Greyhound and TransWA
- a range of merchandise and souvenirs
- specialist advice for corporate and conference enquiries
- national park passes
Visit the dedicated Fremantle Visitor Centre website to book tours and accommodation.
You can also follow us on Facebook.
This facility is accessible. For more information visit the Disability access and inclusion page.
The Fremantle Visitor Centre is located next to the Fremantle Town Hall in Kings Square, Fremantle. Click here to view the location in Google maps.
- Monday to Friday 9.00 am - 5.00 pm
- Saturday 9.00 am - 4.00 pm
- Sunday and public holidays 10.00 am - 4.00 pm
- Good Friday and Christmas Day closed
Fremantle Ambassadors are volunteers who provide a friendly face and local knowledge to ensure visitors are able to experience the best Fremantle has to offer. There are three types of ambassadors:
- Visitor Centre Ambassadors are based at the Fremantle Visitor Centre in the Fremantle Town Hall, Kings Square, 7 days a week, and do a 2.5 hour shift, a least once a week.
- Roving Ambassadors provide a welcome smile, a map and assistance to visitors at key tourist locations. Roving Ambassadors also play an important role during the cruise ship season (October – April). Roving Ambassadors do a 2 hour shift, at least once a week, 7 days a week.
- Cruise Ship Ambassadors welcome passengers (during cruise ship season between October and April) from all over the world who are visiting Fremantle for a day (or overnight). Cruise Ship Ambassadors are based at either the Fremantle Passenger Terminal or at the free shuttle stops and do a 2 – 4 hour shift per cruise ship visit.
To become a Fremantle Ambassador, or for more information, please contact the Volunteer Program Officer on 08 9431 7878 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Fremantle Visitor Centre
Kings Square, Fremantle
Western Australia 6160
T 08 9431 7878
F 08 9431 7755