Drivers found in breach of the Parking Local Law and related laws will receive an infringement notice(s). However, the City acknowledges that at times, there may be mitigating circumstances which are not apparent to our officers.
Before you lodge your appeal, remember these are not valid appeals and your infringement will not be withdrawn:
- appointments / meetings ran over
- transport services were late
- a phone call was important
- had to get change/arrange payment
- signs were confusing
- did not see the signs
- there was nowhere else to park
- other people occupied my usual bay.
Lodge your appeal
- Complete the online form.
- Print, complete and send to the City of Fremantle, PO Box 807, Fremantle WA 6959
- In writing to firstname.lastname@example.org (include your name, address, infringement number, date of notice, vehicle registration, photocopies of relevant supporting documents and an explanation of why the notice should be reviewed.
Parking reviews are generally resolved within 12 business days, however if you do not receive a response within this time, please contact customer service on 9432 9999.
Problems paying for infringements online
Contact our customer service centre on 9432 9999 as it may be a technical problem. Remember to ensure that your payment is not overdue and it has been three working days from the date of issue.
All infringements must be paid within twenty-eight (28) days of the date of issuance of the infringement notice.
If the City has not received payment within 28 days of issuance, a reminder notice will be sent to the registered owner of the vehicle and a further 28 days granted to make payment or nominate a driver.
If a payment is not made or a driver is not nominated, a final demand will be issued with additional penalties. A driver nomination is not applicable during final demand stage.
As a result of non-payment, the matter will be sent to Fines and Enforcement Registry for further action such as suspension of driver's license.