Parking FAQs

Who do I call if a ticket parking machine is not issuing tickets?

Contact the customer service centre on 08 9432 9999 with the details of the ticket machine number, the problem, your car registration, colour and make, and the location. They will inform our technical services team and advise them of the problem.

Can I get a monthly parking permit?

The costs of monthly parking permits is in the car park fee schedule. Contact our customer service team on 08 9432 9999 for more information.

Can I reserve a parking bay for an event or wedding?

Parking restricted car bays can be reserved for events. Contact customer service to arrange a hood hire. The permit issued should be clearly displayed inside the vehicle.

Who do I talk to about unauthorised parking in a disabled parking bay?

Contact our customer service centre on 08 9432 9999.

How can I pay my parking fine?

You can pay your parking fine in a number of ways:

  • Online using MasterCard or Visa card.
  • over the phone 1300 658 371 
  • pay in person to the cashier at The City of Fremantle Administration Office from 8.30 am to 4.30 pm cash, credit or debit card facilities are available
  • by mail to City of Fremantle, PO Box 807, Fremantle WA 6959 (cheque or money order only - made payable to the City of Fremantle and marked "Not Negotiable").

NOTE: A 0.5% surcharge applies on all credit card payments.

I am trying to pay my fine over the internet but it will not accept it?

Contact our customer service centre on 08 9432 9999 as it may be a technical problem. Remember to ensure that your payment is not overdue and it has been three working days from the date of issue.

I do not think I deserve my parking fine. How can I appeal it?

See parking infringement appeals

Can you obtain my name and address if I receive a parking fine?

Yes. The City can apply to the Department of Transport to obtain the current vehicle owner details. If your vehicle is not registered to your current residential address, it is your responsibility to update this information with the Department of Transport. We will assume the details we get from the Department of Transport are correct and all mail we post to the obtained address is received. 

If you reside in a different state, we can obtain current vehicle owner details from the relevant state transport authority. As an example, Victorian registration details are obtained from VicRoads. 

What entitlements does an ACROD permit provide?

An ACROD parking permit allows free parking in all City of Fremantle car parks and street parking with double the signposted time limit (except where a time limit is shown on dedicated ACROD bays). A similar benefit is also available for TPI permit holders, though that permit is not valid for use in an ACROD parking bay. Our universal access map has details of ramps and pathways. For visitors, official disabled parking permits issued worldwide are accepted in Fremantle. For more information please contact NDIS (National Disability Insurance Scheme) on 1800 800 110.

I am working in Fremantle and need to park my vehicle in a timed or paid bay for longer than permitted?

The City allows for bay reservations or permit parking which allows vehicles to park in timed and paid parking bays for a period of time for which the payment is made. You will need to fill out the reserved parking bay application and forward it to Alternatively, you can come into our customer service centre located at the City of Fremantle, Fremantle Oval, 70 Parry Street, Fremantle. Reserved bay fees can be found on the reserved parking page and are payable by cash, cheque, money order, EFTPOS or credit card. A hood hire permit will then be issued; this should be displayed inside the vehicle. Please contact our customer service centre on 08 9432 9999 for more information.

City of Fremantle license plates

Customised City of Fremantle license plates are available for purchase, contact our customer service centre on 08 9432 9999 to enquire of the available plate numbers. The customised license plates cost $330, please allow 6–8 weeks to process the application.