School drop off and pick up times can be quite stressful for parents and students alike. Most of City of Fremantle's schools are located in high density areas, and parking may not always be available for all parents.
Initiatives by schools such as walking school bus, car pooling schedules and ride to school programs are supported by the City. To make parking easier, City's Infrastructure and Parking teams both work closely with schools to ensure safety and convenience for all road users. Given the limited space near schools, parents are requested to;
- Abide by restrictions shown on signs, such as time restrictions during pick up and drop off times
- Park further away and walk to the school to relieve congestion
- Be mindful of hazardous traffic movements such as stopping in no stopping areas, obstructing foot paths, driveways and crossings, and always park safely and legally where it is permitted
- Walk or riding to the school when possible
- Car pool with other parents
Your cooperation is much appreciated when parking near schools. City's Integrated Patrols Officers frequently patrol schools and enforce the Parking Local Law to assist with safe flow of traffic. To report any illegal parking around schools, or request patrols, please do not hesitate to reach our customer service team on 9432 9999 or via firstname.lastname@example.org