Tax Help at The Meeting Place
Do you need help lodging your tax return? You may be eligible for Tax Help, a program by the Australian Taxation Office, if your income is $60 000 or less for the past financial year. A trained and accredited community volunteer will provide a free and confidential service to help complete your tax return online.
Every Fri until 29 Oct | 12-4pm | Bookings essential
Are you eligible for Tax Help?
You are eligible for Tax Help if your income is around $60,000 or less for the income year and you did not:
- work as a contractor, for example a contract cleaner or taxi driver
- run a business, including as a sole trader
- have partnership or trust matters
- sell shares or an investment property
- own a rental property
- have capital gains tax (CGT)
- receive royalties
- receive distributions from a trust, other than a managed fund
- receive foreign income, other than a foreign pension or annuity.
What can volunteers help you with?
Volunteers can help you lodge your tax return or amendment online or claim a refund of franking credits.
If our volunteers work out that you don’t need to lodge a tax return, they can help you complete a non-lodgment advice.
Remember to have these with you for your appointment:
- your myGov user ID and password – if you are unable to locate or remember your myGov details, or don't have a myGov account, our volunteers can help
- your mobile phone to receive your myGov access code
- your bank account details (BSB and account number)
- your tax file number
- an original or amended notice of assessment from any one of the last five years
- income statements from all sources
- all your receipts for gifts, donations and work-related expenses
- details of any child support payments made
- details of your spouse's (married or de-facto) taxable income or a reasonable estimate if you had a spouse at any time during the financial year.