Fremantle Leisure Centre endorses Watch Around Water policies to ensure the safety of young children.
Conditions of entry for children under 5 years old
- Children under the age of 5 are not admitted into the centre without an appropriate full-fee paying adult who is prepared to swim.
- Parents/guardians of children under the age of 5 years are required to accompany the child in the water and remain within arm's reach of the child at all times for groups using the facilities, a ratio of 1 adult to 4 under age 5 children is required for safe supervision.
- Children under 5 must wear a Watch Around Water wristband available from reception.
Conditions of entry for school-aged children (5–10 years)
- Children under the age of 10 are not permitted into the centre without the supervision of an adult.
- Adults responsible for children under 10 must have a clear view of the child at all times with no physical or structural barriers between them and the child while in the aquatics area.
- For groups using the facilities, a ratio of one adult to 10 children is required for safe supervision.
- Unsupervised children will be removed from the water and placed in a safe area until collected by the parent/guardian.
- A parent/guardian is regarded as a responsible individual aged over 17.